Re: push starting.

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: push starting.
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:40:38 -0700
No kidding.

I'm just grateful that they are so easy to push start. When my ring gear was
so screwed up that the starter wouldn't engage, I used to start it every
morning by sticking my left foot out the door and pushing it backwards down
the 6-inch gradient of my driveway in reverse. It generally started right up
after a 2-foot rolling start (at about 0.5mph).

The bad part was parallel parking on the street at my destination. I had to
make sure I was in an end position so I couldn't get "parked in".

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149