angle drive

To: "Mgs@Autox.Team.Net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: angle drive
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:56:41 -0400
I'm contemplating a repair to the lower speedometer angle drive which
decided to pack it in on my 71 MGBGT.  The gears are still good, but the
stub cable is chewed up and I have yanked out the remaining shreds.

I'm replacing the speedo cable, which probably caused the failure, but feel
I should be able to fabricate a stub cable drive from something.  An end
from an old cable, cut to length and somehow attached, is a possibility,
although the diameter of the round part is too large.

Anybody been there, done that?  I know the overdrive cable can be used to
eliminate the angle drive altogether, but I like the fit, when the angle
drives are used.

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario