Re: VDO Gauges

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VDO Gauges
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:28:10 -0600
Very big snip:

> stock
> fuel level

FYI, aftermarket gauges are generally available for Ford, GM, Stewart
Warner, and I think one other type of sender.  The ones built for Stewart
Warner senders are configured to use a range nearly identical to the B
sender.  Full is 50ohms and empty is 230ohm.  I'm recalling this from memory
so I may not be exact on the numbers, but I remember that the full is 10ohm
lower and the empty is 10ohms higher.  This means that you can use an
aftermarket gauge and the needle will only slightly overswing the F and the
E.

I have done this on my V8.  I haven't installed the gauge yet since it just
came in, but I was very careful to check and double check this before
ordering it.

james