Re: Seattle to Missouri

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seattle to Missouri
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 23:24:41 +0930
Monte wrote:

> I'm baaaaack. And tired. 2300 miles. 4 days. Last 1800 miles at 75-85 mph.
> Ran like a charm. No breakdowns. More tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - it is hard to believe it has been twelve
months but it is that time of year again when *I* head off into the
distance, myself.  Battling the cold and the elements STILL with no roof
on the little car!.

8 hours drive there on the Friday
8 hours back on the Monday

And a race meeting and a motorkhana in the middle (makes one try to
preserve the car a little - it is a long way to walk home).

BUT...

At least I know my little car - its foibles and potential for making it
there and back.  I know what has been done to her and what her
weaknesses (and strengths).  Monte just jumped into this (semi)-unknown
quantity and headed off.

What a fantastic adventure.

--
Eric