New wire harness, epilogue

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>, MG-MGB <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: New wire harness, epilogue
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 20:35:17 -0700 (PDT)
A giant thanks to all who helped me get the car rewired in time for travelling
to Ct on Thursday for the Dare to be British weekend. It took just a hair over
two days of day start to very late night end for me but it is in, the removed
components have been refinished and parts of the engine bay were resprayed. The
used Tach I got appears to be junk, Oh well. I had the car flatbedded down to
my mechanic's to check it out before reconnecting the battery. We actually
noticed that the ground strap clamp had almost totally perished. I had been
saving for over a year for the new harness so I am glad it came out so good. I
also put two very good, used front shocks in two weeks ago, BTW if anyone needs
to refill their shocks let me know because I scrounged some cheap medical
supplies into an almost fool proof refilling system. This list has helped me so
much over the last few years. I would NEVER have attempted to rebuild my own
engine without the encouragement of you all. Big thanks go to Lawrie Alexander,
Paul Hunt (the Yoda of MGs) and especially Denise (the way cool LBCer)  What
next???? humm, maybe the transmission is getting kinda noisy.......

Carl French