Does everyone feel silly when they buy more cars (that don't

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Does everyone feel silly when they buy more cars (that don't
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 00:59:18 -0400
So I went to look at the parts cars this afternoon, and I wound up buying them.
 I still need to figure out how to get them home, but I should have enough
decent parts to get my car going again.  The 1979 MGB is in pretty decent
shape, with a little rust in the rear fenders but otherwise pretty solid.  I'm
tempted to try to fix it up and try to get it running after I get the 1980
fixed.  The guy I bought it from had pulled the engine from the 1978 MGB and
was going to put it into the 1979 when he ran out of time and interest, so both
cars have been sitting around for about a year.  At least the 1979 had a roof;
the 1978 is pretty beat, but there are still some worthwhile parts in it.

I'm going to try to get a U-Haul car trailer to bring them home this weekend
and convince my wife that they'll only be around temporarily  The 1978 is a
rusty white with lots of primer, so I'd better get rid of it before long.

--Steve Shoyer (1980 MGB, plus 1979/1978 parts cars)