Re: Non LBC Radio Removal

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Non LBC Radio Removal
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:59:08 -0400
Also, you can order from crutchfield.com, for only a couple of $, the
instructions to install/remove stereos from just about any vehicle.

I've been installing stereos since the 70's, and I must say that between
the new DIN radios (as opposed to the older, non-standard ones) and the
instructions from companies like Crutchfield, which show how to get the old
one out and the new one in, radio installation now takes 20 to 45 minutes
instead of the 2 to 5 hours that it used to.  Almost enjoyable!

And for my MG ('78 B), I put in a standard DIN CD player, and it fit almost
perfectly - just a minute with a file to get rid of the rounded edges of
the old stereo opening.  It took me longer to find the file than to
actually change the plastic opening.  Only thing to watch out for is the
heater cable(s) that run behind (they have to be lifted out of the way to
fit the stereo in all the way back).

- Tab