Re: engine disassembly curiosity

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: engine disassembly curiosity
From: mg-dennis@mindspring.com
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 19:24:11 -0700
Many years ago I rebuilt a Volvo B16.  About a year later when I pulled the head
for some reason I found a piston in about the same condition.  The top
compression ring was in pieced and there was a small channel or chunk missing
where I assumed a piece of ring had broken it out.  No other rings where broken.
My theory about it was I hadn't set the end gap on the ring correctly.

Dennis
67 MGB