Re: Help! Fuel Pump problems

To: barak@voyager.net
Subject: Re: Help! Fuel Pump problems
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 07:38:26 -0400
Chris,
  Only when I saw Paul's reply did I notice that this isn't an SU pump
you are having troubles with.  Sorry-haven't a clue about the Delco.  SUs
are reliable to about 70,ooo miles. Then you buy a new one, rebuild the
old and keep it in the boot as a spare.
Bob

Chris,
  It might not be the pump---
  Check that fuel can get to the pump (this tests the in-tank screen and
that the line to the pump will flow gas).
  Put a test rubber hose on output side of pump and turn it on.  Good gas
flow? Bubbles? Nothing?
   Pump clicking with normal sound means that it's working electrically,
so all htat can keep it from pumping then is lack of available gas, air
in the suction line, perforated diaphram in the pump.  Perf diaphram will
usually cause gas leak at the pump.
Bob