Fuel tanks / filler necks / gas caps

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel tanks / filler necks / gas caps
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <britcars@pghmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 22:47:59 -0400
The fuel tank on my '71 B has sprung another leak (2nd in less than 6 mos),
so it looks like its replacement time. I'd like to use one of the non-vented
variety found on the '65-'69 B's because they hold more fuel and are quite a
bit less money. The mounting holes for the tank are the same, as are the
fuel level sender assemblies. I know I would need to switch to a vented gas
cap, but how about the filler neck? Will a pre-'69 vented gas cap fit on a
'71 filler neck? Or do the vented / non-vented filler necks differ?

Craig
'71 B