Steering Wheel Play

To: "MGB LIST (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Wheel Play
From: "Alford, James" <alfordj@hhmi.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:18:40 -0400
Jay wrote:
Sounds like way to much to me, Jim.  Check the attach points, first under
the
dash and then in the engine compartment, whereyou'll probably have to remove

your air filters to get a good look at them.  But now that I think of it,
maybe you should first check to make sure your wheel is correctly attached
your steering column just by popping out the horn buttom and making sure the

nut is snug.

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang

I check the play I could see and nothing showed up.  The wheel nut is on
tight and there is no play I can see or feel once I get past the firewall.
So, it must be under the dash.  How is the best way to access whatever
connection is under there.  The manual is not very clear.
Thanks,
Jim
1975 B (with telescopic steering wheel)