MG ROVER IN TALKS OVER CONTINUED OPERATION OF DAEWOO-FSO PLANT

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG ROVER IN TALKS OVER CONTINUED OPERATION OF DAEWOO-FSO PLANT
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:12:43 +0930
Hey, these guys are sounding like a real car company!?

Pardon me if someone has already pointed out this OLD news (this was
announced four days ago) but I have just returned from an interstate "MG
Challenge" so I have only just scanned the subject lines of the past
four days mail.  And after the weekendracing AND an 8 hour drive my
brain is a little fuzzy.

MG ROVER IN TALKS OVER CONTINUED OPERATION OF
DAEWOO-FSO PLANT IN WARSAW, POLAND

MG Rover and the Government of Poland are involved in discussions
relating to the potential continuing operations of the Daewoo FSO plant
in Warsaw and Daewoo FSOs distribution operations in Poland.

The scope of the discussions includes the continued production of models
currently manufactured at the Zeran plant in Warsaw, and the local
manufacturing of MG Rover vehicles and engines.  This would give MG
Rover representation in the region, in order to develop its presence.

The plant currently produces the Daewoo Matiz, Nubira and Lanos
vehicles, plus the Fiat-based Polonez. Discussions are being conducted
exclusively.  Several meetings have taken place but as yet no formal
decisions have been taken.  Further announcements will be made in due
course, until then no further information will be available.