MG Challenge - Australia

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Challenge - Australia
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:29:19 +0930
Not that I like to crow... but...

Over the weekend of the 8th and 9th of June the MG Car Club of Victoria
(Australia) held a wonderful weekend of sprinting and motorkhana known
as the MG Challenge  - which is open to clubs from throughout Australia.
Individual effort is rewarded but there is a perpetual trophy for the MG
Car Club whose members gather the most points over the weekend.

Strangely enough (OK, not so strangely) it has become a South Australia
versus the Victorians challenge.

I drive with the South Australian team - we took a team of 14 to the
meeting and we take the Challenge VERY seriously.

WE WON!

I was happy with my Third in Class on a track that I am unfamiliar with
and which is very different to the one I am most used to.  Local
knowledge would be a big advantage here as no corner is what it appears
(nearly every corner has some wacky apex).

http://www.wintonraceway.com.au

There ya go - I just had to crow!

Eric
'68MGB MkII