MG's and Insurance: A Solution

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG's and Insurance: A Solution
From: Bayviewtom@cs.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:23:49 EDT
Although summer is here and most of us are enjoying our MG's on the road, a
question to those in the process of restoring, or who have their MG in
storage: is it insured?

Many people who think that if the car is not currently driveable, or is not
in use, it does not need insurance. From a liability standpoint, that is
true-you do not need any liability insurance for a car that is not being
driven.

As both an MG owner and insurance agent, I'd like to offer a little bit of
free advice. You may want to check with your insurance agent, but here in CT,
you can have comprehension insurance coverage only if you own a car, but are
not currently driving it. This will cover you if anything other than
collision happens to your car: fire, vandalism, theft, etc.

It costs very little, and is worth looking into. If your little project is
not insured, and if anything happens to it while it's in your garage, you
suffer all the expenses. If it is insured, all you do is pay the deductible,
and the insurance company pays out the rest.

Just my $.02, but if anyone has any other insurance related questions, I'd be
happy to help you.

Tom Williams
78 MG Midget