Re: Oil on K&N filter

Subject: Re: Oil on K&N filter
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:39:37 -0500
Old wire wheels make dandy Christmas tree stands. Just carve the base of the
tree to fit the center of the wheel and job it in there. The wheel offset
allows the thing to set over a shallow pan of water and its easy to roll in
and out of the house.

I welded a 4"dia. or so steel pipe to one and made a tool base for an 8"
grinder. I placed it on a piece of plastic sheet on a level cement floor and
filled the wheel full of concrete. Took an 80lb. bag plus a little to
completely fill it. After it cured I painted the whole thing black. It must
weigh 120 lbs. or so and makes a stable stand for a small grinder.

With a 6' piece of log chain and a length of nylon rope, they are good
anchors for small fishing boats as they don't tend to foul or get snagged.

The wire wheel mailbox posts used to be common in these parts, but most of
them are gone now, probably rusted away. I think Model A  Fords were the
source of the wheels.

Martha Stewart would have thought of this eventually.

David F. Darby
Hercules Wilderness, Missouri
USA