Re: Front Flasher for a 67 MkI

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Flasher for a 67 MkI
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:40:06 -0700
Bill, I found the same passages, but I also looked at the timeline of
changes in the back, which specifically said that they changed to all amber
in Dec. 67. (quote: "all amber lenses to front indicator and side lamps").

This is towards the end of the very long list of changes with the
introduction of the Mark II models.

The "half-and-half" lens was standard in the UK and most of the world
outside the US in this period, so it is not surprising that many US cars
were outfitted this way -- probably through ordering replacement parts from
the UK.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149