67 MGB Electrical Life

To: "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67 MGB Electrical Life
From: "Tom Wagner" <tomwagner@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 21:56:21 -0500
To All:

In replacing/working on my tranny and clutch I wanted to
do some work on the electricals of the car.

But when I tried to do anything, I noticed that there was not any juice to
do any testing on.

So my question is does the engine need to be in and hooked up to the starter
and generator in order for all
of the electricals to work when you turn on the key????

I tried to use the key even after recharging the battery
and nothing happens no electricals at all.  The
main power cord going down to the starter is not
connected along with the large brown wire to the
generator but those are the only things that are not.

So can someone tell me what might be wrong as to why there is no power to
anything???

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tom Wagner

67 MGB