Re: LBC content...optimistic news

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC content...optimistic news
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:28:36 -0700
Bill,

Is it really "optimism!"...........or maybe a genuine desire to recoup most
of the money invested in a restoration? We have just completed total
restorations on both a Healey Mk III and a '65 MGB. The costs to the owners
pretty much equaled the numbers quoted in your advertisements. (If they
weren't from an East Coast paper, I'd even wonder if it was my customers who
were advertising!).

When a new Miata or sports coupe costs as much as it does today, why should
someone who wants to own a properly restored (meaning, looking and
performing like new and offering the promise of at least as many miles of
trouble-free motoring as did the car when it was new) expect to get the car
for a fraction of what it cost to build?

Let's not be embarrassed by the fact that restored MGs are worth a lot of
money. Let's promote the fact that they are good value (again, when done
properly) and encourage the increase in their selling prices!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center