Re: Snotty Pinafarina owners

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Snotty Pinafarina owners
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:50:37 EDT
In a message dated 6/21/02 7:31:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Car people are car people.   They are mostly good people.
> And a$$h0!e$ are a$$ h0!e$.  They come in all varieties and
> they all stink.  The people who drive Pininfarina designed cars
> for the IMAGE are no different from the people who drive
> Porsches or BMWs or Corvettes or Lexuss (Lexi?) or MGs
> for image.  We in the Ferrari owners' group call them the 'gold
> chain and Italian loafers <without socks>' guys.  All image, no
> substance.

Aw geez - can we put this one to bed?

So someone waved and the other guy didn't wave back. Maybe he wasn't into old
cars and wondered why the heck he was being waved at? Probably thought the
guy waving wanted something, or was just being overly friendly.

Second, the car wasn't a Pininfarina. That was perhaps the designer, and I
expect it was a Fiat 124, and the original poster, no doubt ignorant of the
details of Italian cars, used it as a label. Cars designed by that house are
no more or less likely to have snooty owners (if that was indeed what was
happening in this case) than any other Italian cars.

Come to think of it, the next time you see an Austin Cambridge or an A40 you
better check their snootiness quotient - they are also Pininfarina designed
cars (although to be correct, for the picky guys out there, that design work
was done prior to the change in name and was therefor properly labelled as
simply Farina).

Bill
(Jensen Interceptor - Touring design
Lamborghini Islero - Marazzi design
pair of black loafers - some Italian guys designed......)