NA Classic MG - Airline Coupe Article

To: lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com
Subject: NA Classic MG - Airline Coupe Article
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:39:34 -0700 (PDT)
Lew, assuming you're the same 'Lew Palmer' who wrote the article - nice
job! I recently attended the British Car Day at Smokey Glen Farm in
Gaithersburg, MD (really good show, by the way....) - and there was a guy
there with an Airline Coupe, although I believe it was a replica - could
it have been the one you referenced that was built on the TD chassis? It
was left-hand drive.... Also, one unanswered question - why did they call
them Airline Coupes? I thought it was interesting as I don't think that
the word 'airline' in the sense of United or Delta really existed yet - so
I'm interested in the origin of the name... Assuming it was an
aerodynamics-related term....

Thanks.....

=====
Dan DiBiase