Re: MGB hot starting / running issues

To: "Craig D. Niederst" <britcars@pghmail.com>,
Subject: Re: MGB hot starting / running issues
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 13:03:29 -0600
Some of the symptoms indicate a possible flooding or too rich a fuel
mixture. Next time the car is hot and won't start, you could do a few
additional checks - remove the spark plugs and look for wetness and black
color on the electrodes, maybe crank the starter a few seconds with plugs
out and then put the plugs back in and try a restart.

A check of the fuel level in the float bowls when the car won't start will
tell you if there is a vapor lock or fuel delivery problem.

David
67 BGT
72 B