epiphany

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: epiphany
From: Phil <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 17:59:45 -0600
I've always said my MGB's seating position was more comfortable than my
MGA.  I've done things to correct it - going as far as even having a
pedal or two cut and welded further up the lever.  Today I stopped by to
talk to a fellow sportscar fan that I recently met at a car show.  He
has an MGA, but I've never seen it (but he got quite a deal on a TR250
that I sent him to - it even runs, has no rust and the body was straight
- although it needs some paint).  Anyhow, I was talking about the
seating, and he asked if he could sit in my MGA.  As soon as he got in,
he said it was much closer than his car.  We got looking, and concluded
that removing the side curtains and their stowage bag would give me at
least 2 inches, and that is where his car's seat sits.  So I tried it -
what a difference!!!!!  My car is actually comfortable to sit in.  I can
keep those side curtains in the trunk!

Phil Bates
I really feel stupid now, but I'm glad its fixed.