Re: MGA fan blades

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: MGA fan blades
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 21:48:29 -0400
Wow, thanks Barney, 'et al...
I bought this fan because I discovered a crack in my orig fan!

I measured the blades from the end of the hub flange(?) that the metal
blades are rivited to.  My old fan measured within a hair either way of 2"
for each blade.  The new fan had three at 2" and 3 at 2 1/8".

I could think of no way to check the balance either...so I wasn't about to
start grinding.
Sad thing is, is that I would have never known had I not installed a cooling
shroud.  Well, actually two.  I tryed cutting away at the old shroud to
prevent hitting, but I couldn't cut enough.  Bought new shroud since old one
had always fit tight anyway.  Test fit new shroud and finally figured it had
to be something else.

My Moss distributer has already been notified and will be contacting them
tomorrow.  In the meantime, I borrowed one from a friend and its blades all
measure 2".
We'll see if there is any less vibration from up front.

Thanks again everyone.

Gordie