Re: MGB floor panels

To: <BarrMark262@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB floor panels
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:06:18 -0600
I ordered the less expensive floor pans (I later heard that the more
expensive heritage pans had the nuts welded on). It looks like not having
the holes/nuts was not be a big deal. The body shop welded some extra metal
under the floor pan that the cross beam covers. I just had to drill the
holes and then thread them with the right size tap (1/4'' 28 tpi I think).
Thats likely better than welded nuts anyway because I have had one or two
come loose in the past and fall off. To place the holes, I had the original
rubber mats to use to mark the spots. Granted I haven't got the seats in
yet, but putting the holes in was no big deal. Unless the seats don't fit
but I am fairly confident that the holes are right on.

David