New weber DGV, now hard starting when hot

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New weber DGV, now hard starting when hot
From: "smarc" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 16:17:01 -0400
I'm trying to figure out what to do about this problem. Installed my new
DGEV (electric choke), now have a hard time starting when the engine is hot.
If I hold the choke closed when someone cranks the starter, it fires up
fairly easily. I guess I could go with the manual choke conversion, but
figured if I could find a way to minimize the heat, it may also help.
Perhaps a heat shield of some sort? How have others solved this dilemma?

--
Marc Siegel, Charm Net, LLC.  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.charm.net  voice: 410/361-8160