Re: Adjusting valves without a feeler guage

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Adjusting valves without a feeler guage
From: "Dave Wood" <dwood143@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:03:48 -0700
Gee Larry, 3/8 is about 2 and a quarter flats as I calculate it.  Which do
you suppose is easiest to guess with a wrench and screw driver in your hand?
Interesting thought.  I had a nut strip off once while I was driving, but
fortunately I made it home before I got to fix it.  The result was an intake
manifold with the end toward the firewall blown out.  Quite noisy and only
about 2 blocks from home.  That taught me not to tighten the nuts quite so
tight when adjusting the valves.  The plug that came out of the end of the
intake manifold was caught on a ledge and made it back home with me.  Just
another MG adventure that turned out OK.

Dave 72 B