Re: Air Rail Plugs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Rail Plugs
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:48:21 -0700 (PDT)
Bob Howard SEZ -
>   John Twist writes of a test he performed on an MGB in which the pump
> and air rail did add some power, all of about one HP if my memory is
> correct.
>    He did not say that the pumps were trouble-free, or everlasting, or
> attractive or did not clutter the engine space.
> Bob

My source said 2 HP.  But any pollution device that doesn't
*rob* 10-20 HP is pretty amazing!  Personally, I found the
extra air cleaner with it's little intake "snout" kinda
cool looking.  "Wow!  Your car has THREE air cleaners!"  :-)
I never had any touble with the air pump on my 68 MGB,
except that I needed to replace the gulp valve diaphragm
every couple years.

--
David Breneman                   |  "Advice is somethin' the
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |   other feller can't use,