Re: Interior light

Subject: Re: Interior light
From: "Jon Årikstad" <jaarik@online.no>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:02:36 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: "Jon Arikstad" <jaarik@online.no>; "

> The load-space light in the GT is powered from a purple that should
come in
> the main body loom containing all the rear electrical wiring, then
the
> purple (and the white/black for the rear demister) should go up
inside the
> RH C-post to the light fitting.  A ground from the rear hatch switch
should
> go to the light fitting on a purple/white.  There should also be an
integral
> switch that picks up a ground from one of the physical fixings.
This light
> is completely seperate from the map/console light - apart from
sharing the
> same fused supply.

The
> > map light is working,
> > Remember it is a GT.

I  did some work this evening, I found the wires, it was just stuck
under the side panel. I cleaned the doorswitches, so now when I open
any of the doors, I get ground on the purple-white wire.

There is no battery on the purple wire. I replaced a suspect looking
connector at the rear, that did not help.
On the fusebox, there where 3 purple wires, one that according to the
manual goes to the ignition switch, one, that is used for the 'high
beam flash' ( we call it the light horn) I do not remember what it is
called in english. The third probably goes to the rear. But no +12V
there.
Is there any wires at the rear with +12V on it? I could cheat, and
become a future DPO ! Finnished work, tok the car for a drive, and now
its too late (11 PM) to look into diagrams.

Going to an autojumble on saturday. Its a bit like Christmas, birhtday
and easter on one day.

RGDS
Jon Arikstad
1970 `MGB GT ( very dark inside)