Fired up at last! woohooo!!

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fired up at last! woohooo!!
From: scott beavis <sbeavis@solartronanalytical.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:55:44 +0100
Worked hard this weekend. Got the sump pan back on (horrible job) with a new
gasket. Got the head on, rockers on, and loosely fitted the carbs. Oil and
water and cranked it over without spark plugs fitted until the oil pressure
sprang up to 50psi (phew!). Then plugs in and leads connected and turned the
key. RrRRRRrRRrRrrrrrrrrr...brmmmmmmmmmmmmm! It fired up for the first time
in over a year! Bit smokey at first due to the rings bedding etc, but soon
settled down. I adjusted the rocker clearences to suit the new cam followers
and it was then purring nicely with hardly any blowby gas. Nice! Oil
pressure is bang on 50psi from 500rpm upwards. Tempted to pack out the OPRV
to give 60-70psi but may leave it. 50psi is ok, but I would prefer a bit
more.

Not fitted the carbs properly yet as **STILL** waiting for that side cover
gasket from Brown and Gammons. Must have rung them 6 or 7 times now. Just
phoned them again and Paul assured me it would be in the post tonight (third
time he's said that!). I'm running on the old gasket at the moment and oil
is dribbling down the side of the block.

Once that gasket arrives and I fit it, I'll bolt the carbs down solidly and
tune them in. Then I should be able to take it round the block and see how
it goes.

Scott

and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email
in error please contact the sender and the System Manager at
postmaster@solartron.com, and delete the material from
any computer.

This disclaimer also confirms that this email message has been
checked for the presence of computer viruses.