Re: Grease Technique Question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grease Technique Question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:03:42 -0700
I think what Bob meant was, grease blowing out somewhere other than the
grease nipple. For example, from around the cap on the u-joint.
Yes, this can happen, and it means you put in too much. But it's not like
it's a problem -- just wipe off the excess and you're good to go. The grease
seals on the chassis parts are there to hold the grease in and keep dirt
out, but they aren't holding grease under pressure, so you can't "blow" a
seal. Basically, you're just filling a void with the grease gun -- if you
overfill, then the excess comes out somewhere. That's how you know it's
full.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149