RE: brakes: '77 Midget

To: "'Stephanie J. Gibbs'" <stephanie_j_gibbs@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: brakes: '77 Midget
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:30:51 -0700
Stephanie:

Your description of the symptoms indicates that the Brake Master cylinder
has an internal leak.  There are a couple of other possibilities, but if
this was my car that would be the first suspect.

It is possible that the rear brakes being out of adjustment could give a
similar symptom.  If pulling up on the hand brake lever at the same time you
hit the brakes cures the spongy feeling, then the rear shoes may have worn
in to the point that they need adjusting again.

Replacing the brake master on your Midget can be done by any competent
mechanic.  It is a straight forward job.

good luck

Kelvin.