Re: '77 Midget: brakes, con't

To: stephanie_j_gibbs@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '77 Midget: brakes, con't
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:34:37 EDT
stephanie_j_gibbs@yahoo.com writes:

> Unfortunately, all of the parts suppliers who I have thus far contacted
> are back-ordered on this part, and do not anticipate being able to supply
> one for at least a month.

- - - - - - - - - - -

You can get a master cylinder for a late Midget at almost ANY auto supply
store.  Advance Auto usually has the best prices.  These are rebuilt MCs, and
they could be better quality, but for $40 to $80, they will get you to your
locations much more safely than the bad one in your car.

When you get some extra cash, send your old MC to White Post Restorations for
a proper rebuild with a brass sleeve that will never go bad.

PLEASE do not take chances with questionable brakes.  You never know when a
seal will just explode and you will not be able to stop.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"