Rear main seal question/advice needed

To: MG Listserv <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear main seal question/advice needed
From: Kevin Shertz <kshertz@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:12:43 -0400
Hello all,

Well, my luck had to change sometime.  My car must've  all this "low oil
pressure" talk!

After a long drive this weekend, I noticed an oil leak that has all the
signs of being a rear main seal leak.  Unfortunately, I don't have the setup
to do this job myself, so here's my question:

When the rear main seal is replaced, what else should I have
checked/replaced while it's done?  I have fortunately not noticed any clutch
judder problems, so hopefully the clutch is OK despite the oil leak.  Any
other things I should keep in mind prior to making a few calls to see what
this will run me?  Thx in advance...

Regards,
Kevin Shertz
1980 MGB

P.S. -- if anyone has any recommendations for garages in the Washington DC
area, that'd be great... I plan on calling Mt. Joy and Motorhead at a
minimum, and maybe British Classics...