Heater Knob Questions (1970 MGB)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater Knob Questions (1970 MGB)
From: matttrebelhorn@netscape.net (Matthew Trebelhorn)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:18:37 -0400
I'm replacing the dash in my 1970 B (The car is back from the swindling body
shop, and almost looks decent; another story entirely).

I have the dash out of the car, all instruments and switches out.  I have
disconnected the heater cables from the heater controls, and I have loosened
the nuts that hold them in place.  What I really need to do now is to remove
the knobs from the controls.  What holds them in place?

>From the holes on the side of the knob, I'm guessing that there are set
>screws.  But I can't actually see down there, and a small screwdriver doesn't
>find anything to bite in to.

If there are, in fact, set screws, are they allen? philips? pozi-driv?

If, as I fear, they are stripped, how should I go about trying to disassemble
the things?  There doesn't seem to be very much room to try and drill out the
set screws, should that be necessary.

Aargh.

Thanks,
Matt

Pre-order the NEW Netscape 7.0 browser. Reserve your FREE CD and pay only $2.99
shipping and handling. http://cd.netscape.com/promo_one/