Re: '80 MGB Brakes (first project)

To: "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: '80 MGB Brakes (first project)
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:03:53 -0500
  You haven't finished your troubleshooting.  Loosen the fitting at the
at the MC and pump the clutch padal.  If fluid squirts out, you've
eliminated the MC as the culprit.  That leaves the steel and flex lines
betweeen the MC and SC and the slave cylinder as the cause,with the flex
line as the most probable.  It could have become clogged, someone tried
to bleed it, air got into the system and now you can't bleed it out.
Loosen the flex hose off the SC and have someone pump the clutch, if
fluid doesn't squirt out, etc.  Then you loosen the fitting at the kct
of the steel line and the flex and so on.  It becomes clear why paying a
pro to track down a prob like this becomes expensive fast, eh?

  Yiur first sentence below tells it all; you're guessing.  It would be
a shame to rebuild both cylinders and find out you haven't fixed the
prob because you quit troubleshooting too soon.

  Cheers,

   CR