Abingdon, IL show

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Abingdon, IL show
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:29:18 -0500
Spent a great weekend at Abingdon and Galesburg, IL at the Chicagoland MG
club's annual Summer Party. The MMM club were invited also and showed up with
15 or so of the oldest models of MG's and all were wonderfully preserved. Two
were particularily interesting:
 I believe one was a 1931 Midget racer that is one of only a few in the states
and under 10? in the world. Was turbocharged and really smoked around the
gymkahana route (although Barney beat him by using his experience and driving
skills); it had raced at the LaMans in the past.
  The other was a 1212 ? out of Colorado and is one of only 4 in the world, 3
being in museums.
Had a great time and met a lot of good people, although I don't think I met
anyone that is on this list except Barney.
John Twist and his family of University Motors was there and did a tech
session; he tuned the carbs on my 67B (for free!!) during this session and
pointed out many things about my car that was unknown to me. This was the
first MG event that we have attended and we will now do more. After looking
around and talking with several people, we might now even be interested in
buying a chrome-bumper GT to add to the list below!

Monte Morris, Kahoka, MO
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG with dreamy suspension
          74 1/2 parts car