Re: Front plate mounting

To: saidel@camden.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: Front plate mounting
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:12:56 -0400
The holes on the back of the rubber bumper were for the top of little
brackets that fastened there and to which the plate was bolted at a lower
level.  That level appears to have been selected to block airflow into
the oil cooler, should one be fitted.  And that might be why so very few
rubber-bumper cars have the brackets.   They are almost impossible to
refit with bumper on the car since clearance is limited.
Bob