Re: Front License Plates

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front License Plates
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:24:09 -0500
Dave and CR:

<<<snip>>>
You've got to find your own.
<<<snip>>>
I found my license plate nailed to an outhouse wall.  It was common
practice around here to also use them to cover cracks in the siding of
farm buildings.

The paint was in very poor condiditon.  That's probably why other plates
on the wall had already been taken.  I glass beaded the plate(s) and
then painted them with a close match of the original color using spray
can paint.  The raised letters were carefully hand painted on while
wearing magnifying glasses.  Perhaps a very stiff and short napped
roller brush would work better.  The decal of Mt. Rushmore was toast to
begin with.  I found something similar, but smaller that was one of
those window decals sold for tourists and applied it.

Nothing was said about the refurbished plate when I sent in the
photograph.

Blake