Size of the front wire wheel hub nut...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Size of the front wire wheel hub nut...
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:34:01 -0600
To my surprise I found that the nut with the clevis pin holding the front hub
on is not the

same as the one on the back.  (I am doing th drivers side first, so I don't
know what the

otherside has.)

Is this normal?

If so, can someone tell me what size the front nut is? (I need to buy big socket
on my way home from work, but don't know what size...)

I looked in my factory manual, it just says to take it off.  I got the back off
with no
problem. 1-5/16" IIRC.  My porter says about the same...  (I will try Moss
next, didn't
think of that!)

(Thank goodness for air tools, without them I was cranking the engine over with
my ratchet on the
nut.)

--
Andrew Lundgren