Eye candy - some nice old MGs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Eye candy - some nice old MGs
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:43:58 -0500
Good morning list,

I have just finished posting more than 190 pictures from Abingdon Summer
Party 2000.  Some of them may eventually have to be taken down for space
considerations (but not today).  In the meantime there are quite a few
pictures of the 15 or so MMM cars (Midget, Magna and Magnette), as the
North American MMM Register was holding their national convention in
conjunction with our event.  For cars from the North American MMM Register,
start here:
http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/abingdon02/mmm_cars.html
Some of the pictures at the top of the pages expand somwhat LARGER than the
others.

For more pictures of these cars you can follow the links at the bottom of
the page(s), especially for Natter 'n' Noggin, The Sterling Entries, and
The Famous Abingdon Gymkhana.  I gotta tell ya, it does a body good to see
these old cars scooting around the street raising a little smoke and noise
(and in some cases a lot of both).

The fellow in the green shirt with the red M-type is Peter Thornley.  The
fellow in the black shirt with the other red M-type (brand new requisition)
is Reinout Vogt from the Chicagoland MG Club.  The red J2 is driven by
Kelvin Palmer, also from the Chicagoland MG Club.  The car at the top of
the Gymkhana page is the one with the supercharger sticking out the front
end, and man does it scoot !!!  The car carrying two people in the Gymkhana
is a father and son team (sort of).  The kid just got his drivers license
and can't legally drive without a licensed legal guardian on board, but the
two of them were taking turns thrashing it around the track.  I believe
there were five cars from the NAMMMR taking laps that day.

Enjoy,

Barney Gaylord
Editor and Webmaster
Chicagoland MG Club