Re: email address finder-non MG

To: dave houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: email address finder-non MG
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:45:20 -0400
That's because email addresses are private to servers, usually not
published, and so there's usually no really effective way to know,
particularly if you don't know their ISP.

You can try going to, say, Yahoo! and clicking on "people search", but it's
a pretty impossible task and I've rarely found emails that way.

Usually what I do instead, particularly if they have an unusual name (e.g.
NOT a "john smith"), is to go to Yahoo and just put their name in
quotes.  A search of "dave houser" turned up a bunch of hits (for various
Dave Houser's, I assume), then dig through them until you find the ones
that seem to match the person you're looking for.  If any do seem to be for
that person, check them out and hope one of them contains an email address
to boot.

- Tab