SU fuel pump question/ MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU fuel pump question/ MGB
From: mga <mga@napanet.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 07:59:29 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I recently purchased a rebuilt SU AUF 300 fuel pump (for '73 MGB) from David
DuBois.  I went to install it and to my surprise, the two little vent lines
did not reach to the outlets on the pump.

Comparing my old pump with the one I purchased, I noticed that the pump body
was not in the same position on the base (rotated 90 degrees +/-).  I called
David and was told that my old pump was incorrectly assembled, and the one
he sold me was right.  Looking at my manuals and catalogues, my old pump
appears to be assembled correctly.  My old pump and the catalogues show that
the points are vertical and the writing on the plastic cap is horizontal
(and the power connection at about 4 o'clock) when the pump is mounted in
the car.

I realize this is not a big deal and that I could just leave the two little
vent lines off.  But I do try to keep the car original and intact as much as
I can.

Does anyone have a pump that they could look at for reference for me?

Thank you!

Don Scott