Re: VIN numbers

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@marketvalue.net>, "'MG list'"
Subject: Re: VIN numbers
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 10:58:47 -0500
Larry,

As Blake pointed out the KAJ... is for a ZB Magnette. The other number
appears to be an MG 1500 engine, and possibly something a little out of the
ordinary. This could be a bit of a longshot, but here goes:

Your number=15GH0H116364
15=1500cc
G=MG
H=Engine variation  (We would expect to find "C" for Magnette.)
O=Overdrive, Borg-Warner (Normally we see "U" for centre change gearbox.)
H=High compression
116364=Engine number (Problem here, I don't think the 15G* engine numbers
ever got into six figures.)

So maybe, that's your engine and maybe it's just a corrupted number. Are you
gonna come clean and tell us what this thing's in? Enquiring minds want to
know.

David