Re: Bumber support paint color

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bumber support paint color
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:59:31 -0700
on 9/3/02 2:20 PM, Bill Snyder at wtsnyder@juno.com wrote:

> 1. Can anyone tell me the proper pain color for the steel bumper supports
> for chrome bumper MGB's? Most seem to end up the color of the rest of the
> body.

My impression (warning: not an established fact) is that they have no paint
on them at all (like a lot of the undercarriage). If you're concerned about
rust, I've seen a "bare metal" paint sold by restoration companies like
Eastwood. Or even black would look better than body color, IMO...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149