Overdrive tranny vs non-overdrive question

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive tranny vs non-overdrive question
From: "Taylor, Todd S" <todd.s.taylor@lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:22:51 -0400
I have a 1974 tranny with over drive in my 80B right now and it's
approaching 100K miles and it's getting harder to shift
at time so I think the syncro's are going and need replacing.   But I have
the original tranny from the car that has 19K miles on it.
Can I just pull the overdrive off the 74 tranny and mount it on the 80
tranny.  Is it as easy as that or do you have to use
the same shell from the 74 to hold the over drive.   I haven't look at it
yet.  Any ideas???    Thanks Todd...