Signs of life

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Signs of life
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 02:07:59 -0400
I still have a few things to hook up, but I connected the battery to see my car
to see how close I am.  The lights seemed to work, except for the hazards and
the clock light.  The turn signals were a bit fast, so there's probably
something not quite right there, but at least they were blinking.  I pushed my
luck by turning the key briefly, and the car turned over!  I still need to add
coolant, so I didn't want the car to start, but it was nice to know that it
might.  The brakes still don't work, so driving it would be a bad move before I
straighten that out; hopefully just a flex line.

It's been almost four months since the fire, but it shouldn't be too much
longer before I'm back on the road.  Thanks again to everyone for your help
along the way.

--Steve (1980 MGB)