Re: Inner sill rust protection on BMH Body Shell

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>,
Subject: Re: Inner sill rust protection on BMH Body Shell
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:51:41 -0700 (PDT)
Well, this is certainly a shame... I was actually thinking that, if the
cost were along the lines of $5000 or so, including shipping, it would be
a decent deal for me, since I'm probably looking about that much money for
the bodywork and painting of my '65 B project. Of course, you'd have to
add painting to the price but it seems like starting with a fresh shell
would be much easier than prepping a (partially new) repaired shell... But
then, would it really be the same car? Not sure about that, seems to be a
philosophical question that I'm too tired to think about tonight. Oh well,
guess I will end up searching for a caring (and cheap!) bodyshop.... And
learning from Skye's on-going 'experience' on his web site....

Dan
--- Kai wrote (non-causticly):

> Anyway, useful content time.  Chuck Renner noted that the shells are
> dipped,
> yes they are... the bodyshells were dipped in primer in the 1970s also,
> but
> that didn't keep them from rusting.

>And cet...

=====