RE: maniflow?

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: maniflow?
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 05:56:05 -0500
At 8:59 AM -0700 9/12/2002, Dodd, Kelvin wrote:
>Bill:
>
>       I disagree about the performance aspect.  Installing a header on an
>early MGB won't do much, if anything for you, but the A is a different
>story.  The original manifold and single down pipe arn't anything like as
>free flowing as the B or Maniflow design.
>
>       The header is bare metal and I would plan on spending the extra
>cubic dollars to have it Jet Hot Coated after making sure the fit is
>correct.  Keep in mind that it does have slip joints and the coating will
>change the fit.

I have the Moss header on my A, and am very pleased with the result.
I did have mine ceramic coated, although not by Jet Hot but by a
local business in Nebraska, and am very pleased with the result. I
have had no difficulty with the slip joint, but YMMV. I am running
the traditional twin outlet glass pack which I got from Moss, and am
always getting comments on how good the car sounds.
--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/