RE: Braided Stainless Brake Hoses

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Braided Stainless Brake Hoses
From: <jltinkham@tds.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:15:07 -0400
Glenn,

I've pretty well decided to go with replacement boosters from Kirk's Auto
Refitters in Iowa.  As I understand it these are of Australian manufacture and
are extremely reliable.  At $585 for the pair it's definitely the lower cost
option for me.  Of the 2 booster I should have had on the car it had 1.5 when I
got it.  The half was taken apart, with at least a partial Girling rebuild kit,
but has been that way since 1984!  At best rebuilding that one will require
boring and that ups the rebuild cost around $60.

Getting new SS tubes from Classic Tube and the rest of the supplies from VB.
Planning a rebuild for the MC and Calipers but putting smaller cylinders in the
rear.

Jim

69 CGT