Re: Left rear tire rubbing on 185x70R14s, Center lock wheels.

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Left rear tire rubbing on 185x70R14s, Center lock wheels.
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:03:36 +0930
Eric wrote:

> If you want to see how sloppy the 'normal' MGB suspension is - check out
> the wheels disappearing under my car in these shots from a few years ago
> (when I was ten seconds slower around the same circuit than I am now).
>
> http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/mallala/nov6_99.html

A lot harder to see because the photos are not as close up or on the
same angle, but you should be able to see a significant difference a
year or so later on rostyles (as compared to the wire wheels and
'normal' suspension) in these photos.

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/mallala/clubhouse/

Another year later and she is sitting really pretty now (and now
deciding whether I want to stiffen her even more... but I am pretty
happy as she is).

I will try and do some measurements to let you know the difference
between mine and yours.  It sounds nasty if you aren't even driving hard
to get it rubbing.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

"Nothing overshadows truth so completely as authority"
ALBERTI